Museo di Firenze com'era

{{Short description|Italian museum}}

File:Castello utens.jpg as it appeared in 1599, painted by Giusto Utens, formerly in the collection of Museo di Firenze com'era]]

Museo di Firenze com'era ("Museum of Florence as it was") was a history and archaeology museum, one of the civic museums of the city of Florence.

The museum was located on Via dell'Oriuolo in a former convent of the Oblates. It closed permanently in October 2010 to make space for the enlargement of the Biblioteca delle Oblate. Some of its exhibits will be incorporated into a new City museum portraying Florence through the ages, to be housed in Palazzo Vecchio.[http://museicivicifiorentini.comune.fi.it/en/fortebelvedere/evento05 Firenze com'era Museum - Closed to the public]

The museum's collections included the 14 surviving paintings of Medici villas by Giusto Utens. These were transferred in 2014 to a new permanent gallery at Petraia Villa Medici.[http://www.amicidegliuffizi.com/index.php/it/item/giusto-utens-lunettes-in-petraia-villa-medici.html Giusto Utens Lunettes in Petraia Villa Medici]

References

{{reflist}}